When signing the contract for your room you agreed to the SSHnet terms & conditions.
In brief, these stipulate the following:
- You may use SSHnet for study or leasure.
- Commercial use (including not-for-profit) is not allowed.
- You should comply with the rules and guidelines for connecting and configuring your equipment.
- You should refrain from generating excessive network traffic, causing risk by malware intrusion, or disturbing the network by faulty configurations of your own devices.
- You should not provide access to illegal (e.g. copyright protected) content.
- You are personally responsible for any abuse of the SSHnet connection in your room.
For more information and procedures check:
|Fair Use Policy||explanatory and examples of undesirable use|
|Netload||information on your network traffic|
|Complaints procedure||procedure to follow in the case of a complaint|
You are free to use your Internet connection for ‘normal’ usage. You should avoid generating excessive network traffic, causing risk by malware intrusion, or disturbing the network by faulty configurations of your own devices.
In the event of abuse, your connection may be (temporarily) quarantined. Your browser will then show a page with information ans steps to follow.